V6 cc needs hash before whitespace before first include?

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Thu Feb 28 13:22:33 CST 2019

So, I've been having some fun playing around with V6 Unix on my 11/45 a bit after that last repair.

I've just been tripped up for a little over the fact that the C compiler barfs if there is whitespace/comentary before the first #include; the workaround seems to be to add a lone '#' at the beginning of the file.  It took me a while to notice that this was done, for example, in all of the device driver sources.

I found this curious.  Anybody know what the story is there?

    --FritzM.