Ultimate FDC? (Was: IBM 6360 - Filesystem(ish) info?

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:34:43 CST 2019

Hello folks,

I'm coming into this a bit late but a bloke called David Given is working
on such a floppy controller right now, it's called Fluxengine and is based
around a Cypress microcontroller that connects directly to a floppy drive
and is driven by USB. Early days as yet in that it supports IBM formats
plus Acorn BBC DFS/ADFS but since all the decoding is done in software
pretty much any format can be added and David is looking for examples of eg
C1541 floppies from the C64 as well as others.

https://github.com/davidgiven/fluxengine

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest private home computer