Ultimate FDC? (Was: IBM 6360 - Filesystem(ish) info?

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Tue Feb 19 17:44:18 CST 2019

> Actually, I'd like to see it just read/write flux changes +  index
> marks onto a SD card for later analysis

> We no longer need proprietary hardware.

Well some of us might not and then there is the rest of us who just need a
tool that kind of works.

I guess the question is "who is your audience"? If your audience is the
general vintage hobbyist (i.e. someone who used IBM or Apples 20 years ago
and wants to mess with the same equipment) then they are not developing
their own HW, cables, or writing ASM routines (BTW I count myself in this
group).

Don't get me wrong I would love to be able to do so but realistically I will
never have the raw knowledgebase and the experience required to do something
like that. For someone like me I need a tool that works with some fuss i.e.
it is not polished and needs tweaking, handholding, and prayer to work but
does not need me to also learn Sumerian or assembler (same difference ;) to
make a backup copy of a disk. That maybe asking too much though given that
this is a hobby....