Dumping contents from MC68701

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sun Feb 17 10:26:11 CST 2019

it depends on the version of 68701

P3 has no protection P5 does

a P3 can be read with a Data I/O Unisite

http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/pdf/MC68705P5_Bootstrap_ROM_Listing.pdf

The P5 is more involved. You put it into factory test mode, feed it a NOP instruction
and it will output the rom data on the I/O pins.

A variation of that will work on other parts in the series.