Looking for: 68000 C compilers

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:27:08 CST 2019

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:08 AM Phil Pemberton via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I'm (still) trying to reverse-engineer a ton of M68K ROM code which was
> apparently compiled with a circa-1990 C compiler.

I used to do a lot of m68k ROM code development c. 1985-1993...

> Does anyone have copies of any of the following -- or any other C
> compilers for the 68K which were around at that time?

>    * Lattice C

Yes.  For AmigaDOS...

>    * Anything not on this list ;)

We rolled our own m68k cross assembler that ran on VMS, twice - one
was a very simple, unsophisticated assembler that just took blocks of
code and banged out a monolithic OBJ, and later, a fancier one with
relocatable blocks and multiple sections that produced more of a
"loader format" for linking multiple entities together.    I have the
source for these but they are definitely K&R C and may have some file
routines that would have to be lightly massaged out of VMS-isms.

-ethan