PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Mon Feb 4 12:51:30 CST 2019

> On Feb 4, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 4, 2019, at 12:18 PM, Bob Smith via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> I keep wondering about the psu.
>
> Good theory.

I'll give these a double-check...

> Is there any way to attach a logic analyzer to various data paths on this machine?

Yes; the caveat is that it's really only practical to have one card out on extenders at a time (and I have only one hex extender in any case).  So you have to be a little choosy about what you want to capture/see.

Some things can be plucked from the backplane, but I like to avoid sliding too many probe connectors onto the backplane pins unless I really have to, in order to avoid perturbing the 45-year-old wraps.

  --FritzM.