Mystery mid-70's keyboards

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at
Sat Dec 28 14:55:12 CST 2019

On 12/28/19 12:06 PM, Warner Losh via cctalk wrote:
>> "marg set" sounds like a word processor.
> Looks like a data entry keyboard...

Yup, the ASCII control codes on the keys seemed out of place for a 
wordprocessor, but then there's that "marg set" key. I'd wondered about 
some kind of early electronic typesetting system, but I'm hoping someone 
will know exactly what it is. The five blank keys are weird, too 
(particularly the out of place black one).

The copper ground plane across the top of the PCB is kinda odd as well and 
not the sort of construction I'd expect from a mere keyboard.



More information about the cctech mailing list