RCA 1802s available

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Wed Dec 18 13:31:37 CST 2019

Harris still manufactures the RCA/Intersil/Harris 1802 processor.
I do not know if the Silicon on Sapphire (SoS) process versions (Sandia Labs, radiation hardened) are still used by DoD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_1802

Alltronics
Harris CDP1802ACE (3.2 MHz, 5 Volts) $4.95
https://www.alltronics.com//cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=CDP1802ACE
Harris CDP1852CE, Parallel, 8-bit, PIO : $3.95
https://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=CDP1852CE

Intersil CDP1802 Spec Sheet (1997)
https://www.alltronics.com/alltronics_assets/acrobat/CDP1802ACE.pdf

Lee Hart sells the Bare PC boards for his 1802 Membership Card.
Josh Bensadon has ELF-LINK for parallel port control/access
http://www.sunrise-ev.com/1802.htm

For the 40th anniversary, in 2016, VCF Midwest hosted the VCF “COSMIC ELF project” with generous donations of time and materials by Lee A. Hart, Josh Bensadon, Ed Keefe, Dave Ruske, Walter Miraglia, Chuck Yakym, Bill Rowe, and Norm Nelson; and to our many advisors and volunteer builders.
http://www.sunrise-ev.com/vcf-elf.htm

After 18 years, Dave Ruske announced in October that maintenance of the Cosmic ELF group (cosmic elf.com) is being assumed by Josh Bensadon.
http://www.cosmacelf.com/news/new-cosmac-elf-group-owner.html

greg, w9gb
chicago
==