SMD disk specifications

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 17:41:06 CST 2019

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 12:31 PM shadoooo via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> I have two CDC Lark Disk modules I would like to revive, they are in good

[...]

> IIRC there was a sort of adapter board between SMD and (xxx blank spot)
> interface. There was a description of the interface, it was really similar
> to SMD, but wasn't SMD...

LDI, Lark Device Interface. Not really all that similar to SMD. CDC offered
an SMD-to-LDI adapter.

Maybe I should check again the Lark model number.

The ones I've seen were 9457, but there was also a 9455 which had a wider
track pitch resulting in it having roughly 1/3 the tracks and 1/3 the
capacity of the 9457.