Convergent Technologies NGEN and Datapoint monitor

Carlos E Murillo-Sanchez ce.murillosanchez at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 23:15:13 CDT 2019

Good evening, folks...

Does anybody know if Datapoint made monitors for Convergent
Technologies? In my "near junk" section I have some modules that someone
stored in a warehouse next to a carpenter shop and under bombardment
from bats and birds.  The modules were made by Convergent Technologies
and I never did much about them because of their extremely dirty state
and also because of the lack of a keyboard.  I have:

- Two CP-001/8 cpu modules (80186 at 8MHz, 256KB RAM, 6845 video IC)
- Four 5 1/4" dual-floppy modules (each has two Mitsubishi M4853
half-height drives)
- One GC-001 graphics controller
- Two PS-001 power supplies, one is missing parts

and then, a monitor that by the looks and controls is a VC-002 15" to be
used with the GC-001, except that it is labeled as:

Datapoint Corp.
Model 97-1224-001
Serial 934055
Other marks:  53-00355-00     5-84

So, do you guys know if Datapoint made monitors for others?

Carlos.