Pertec Interface Cable Length

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Aug 11 13:50:27 CDT 2019

On 8/11/19 9:11 AM, W2HX via cctech wrote:
>> All of my Pertec tape drives (in the past) were located in
> a differentrack from the actual computer so the cables were
> always over 10' long and usually close to if not 20'.  Never
> had a problem.
I stand by my commentary re Qualstar 1xxx drives.   They're not up to
the task of driving long cables.

Who has one such drive with 10' cables operating correctly?

Until someone comes up with actual experience with said drives, we're
just guessing.

I note that my 1260S does have the capability to be used as a Pertec
interface drive.   I suppose I could re-cable from one of my other
drives and test it, but at this stage, I hardly see the point.

--Chuck