ADM-3A question

Charles charlesmorris800 at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 9 20:39:06 CDT 2019

I bought an ADM-3A on ebay. The monitor and the circuit board/keyboard are
from two different terminals - confirmed by hand-engraved serial numbers on
the halves that don't match.
Not to mention the two different case colors (pale blue top, blue bottom)!
But it does have the lower-case option already installed :)

Anyhow, there appears to be some breakdown of the CRT implosion plate
silicone (screen rot). I've read about this problem before, so no real
surprise
It seems to be turning into brown "goop" which has run down onto the circuit
board.
Do I need to remove the goop before powering it up? Or is it nonconductive
and hopefully noncorrosive, so it can wait until I remove the implosion
plate and fix it?

thanks
Charles

---