Unknown 1970 Tapedrive

Tom Gardner t.gardner at computer.org
Tue Apr 30 13:17:49 CDT 2019

The Sangamo Electric Co <http://sangamoncountyhistory.org/wp/?p=1410> . manufactured  electrical meters, time switches and sonar and radio equipment, among other items, in Springfield, IL from the 1890s until 1978.

If your US house is old enough u might still have one of their meters on the wall

The device is either an instrumentation or an audio recorder, see: https://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/SILNMAHTL_16729

tom