Greetings

Huw Davies huw.davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Tue Apr 30 04:25:29 CDT 2019

> On 29 Apr 2019, at 21:47, allison via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
> You are limited to what the VAX-11/780 system had for peripherals and
> typically under 8MB ram (it maxed at 16mb).

I know later 780s (probably with an upgraded memory controller) supported 64MB of memory.

I have used VMS 1.6 and started managing VMS systems around the 2.4 timeframe.

I haven’t looked but does the simh 11/780 also provide PDP-11 compatibility mode? You used to run a very large amount of -11 code in VMS 1.x..

Huw Davies           | e-mail: Huw.Davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Melbourne            | "If soccer was meant to be played in the
Australia            | air, the sky would be painted green"