Infocom mystery binary

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Tue Apr 23 21:58:51 CDT 2019

In one of the repositories of Infocom game source code recently uploaded
to Github, there's an executable that appears to have come from an m68k
Unix machine of some sort.  It's at
https://github.com/historicalsource/zork-german/blob/master/zap. Over at
intfiction.org[1], it was initially claimed to be from a Macintosh.  Then
I suggested it was from a pre-Sparc Sun machine.  Then someone else
suggested it was from A/UX.  Does anyone know anything more conclusive?  I
based my idea on what I got from running strings(1) on the file.

Copyright (c) 1987 Apple Computer, Inc.,
1985 Adobe Systems Incorporated,
1983-87 AT&T-IS,
1985-87 Motorola Inc.,
1980-87 Sun Microsystems Inc.,
1980-87 The Regents of the University of California,
1985-87 Unisoft Corporation, All Rights Reserved.

[1] https://intfiction.org/t/infocom-source-code-posted/41156/23

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org