Daisywhell typewriter emulating a TTY

Dave Babcock dave at babcock-family.org
Wed Apr 10 13:14:40 CDT 2019

Chuck,

True, the 1620 Model 1 Model B typewriter (1st gen).  The 1620 Model 2
used a Selectric (2nd gen).  We're using the 3rd generation IBM electric
typewriter (Wheelwriter) with the 1620 Jr. (3rd gen 1620?).  [I know
it's a stretch.]

The issue is that for Jr. we needed a reliable, robust, very low
maintenance device.  The IBM 1620 Jr. will be used by the CHM Education
Department and needs to stand up to hands-on use without needed
difficult & expensive maintenance.

Here's the keyboard of our Wheelwriter-based IBM 1620 Jr. Console
Typewriter:

And here is the printed output:
Note the slashed zero, flagged digits, and all of the 1620 special
characters.   :-)

Thanks,
Dave