2.11 BSD on an 11/93 with an CMD SCSI Module

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:54:21 CDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 11:46 AM Noel Chiappa via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> E11 disk images in files aren't anything odd, just a straight bit-bit copy of
> what would be in the parititon. (When I transfer RK05 partitions on E11 to SD
> cards for use in the QSIC, I just 'dd' the file holding the partition to the
> appropriate blocks on the SD card, and it comes out fine.)
>
> Dunno about SIMH disk imaages (I know the tapes images are tweaked).

I have used SIMH to create MSCP bootable XXDP 2.5 disk images from the
RL02 XXDP 2.5 image on the net:
http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/DEC/pdp11/discimages/rl02/xxdp25.rl02.gz

I have then been able to burn those disk images straight to a CD-ROM
and have been able to boot those on a PDP-11 from a SCSI CD-ROM drive
attached to CMD CQD SCSI controllers (with the CD-ROM drive in
512-byte block mode). So the SIMH disk image is just a straight block
for block image.