Floating point math in FORTRAN IV on PDP-8

Jonathan Engwall engwalljonathanthereal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:51:41 CDT 2018

My SIMH resists anything but Adventure, I am working through a Fortran IV. I think you break from the loop and confuse the machine using i. That with some error checking:

.TYPE FLOAT.FT
      DO 50 X=1,100
      F = FLOAT(X)
      G = SQRT(F)
IF (G) (11,11,90)
11 WRITE(4,75) G
75 FORMAT(H 5,ERROR)
90   H = ALOG(F)
      WRITE(4,99) F,G,H
99   FORMAT(' ',E12.6,E12.6,E12.6)
50    CONTINUE
      WRITE(4,100) F,G,H
100   FORMAT(' ',E12.6,E12.6,E12.6)
      END

My for fortran IV book and I are the same age,LoL
Jonathan Engwall
engwalljonathanthereal at gmail.com