VT240, VT241 are graphics? what does it mean?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sun Sep 16 12:23:06 CDT 2018

The most common serial comms line graphics protocol evolved from the Tektronix 401x
storage scope displays, sometimes refered to as the "GS" protocol for
the escape sequence it used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tektronix_4010

There are tons of manuals on bitsavers about them.

Just about everyone in the graphics terminal business had to support Tek
protocol, including the company I worked for (AED).