Beehive terminals

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Sep 11 10:57:45 CDT 2018

On 09/11/2018 02:35 AM, Jeffrey H. Johnson via cctalk wrote:
> The Beehive ATL-008 (ANSI/VT102 terminal) might be an obscure
> terminal today, but it holds a special place in my heart as the first
> hardware terminal I used extensively, and was advanced (for 1982),
> supporting user programming in C.
>
> It was based on the 68008 and had quite the nice interface, and
> extensions like soft keys.

Durango used Beehive VT100/VT220 (I'm not sure which)) on their Poppy
systems (which are probably even rarer than the terminals).  The
terminals were re-badged as Durango.

I was a bit surprised to find that the Super Bee (of which I was very
fond in the day) was re-badged as an HP 2616A.

8008 CPU, with shift-register memory, IIRC.  A heavy, slab-sided
terminal with a welded (?) aluminum case.  Several illuminated keys.

--Chuck.