VT100's

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Thu Sep 6 11:28:53 CDT 2018

My biggest complaint with DEC terminals (and clones) that came after the VT100
(such as the VT220/VT320/etc) is that the terminals are nice and small but the
keyboards are *huge* (almost twice the width of the terminal itself).

I like having a keyboard that matches the size of the terminal and the VT100 is
along those lines.

It is also the same complaint that I have with IBM 3178/9 terminals (e.g. connect
to IBM 370 mainframes), where the terminal is relatively small but the keyboard is
significantly wider (being a derivative of the IBM PC/AT keyboard) and IMHO
would have been far better if IBM had left off the number pad.

TTFN - Guy