DEC 8640 Pinout

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 28 13:10:43 CDT 2018

Thanks for the datasheet. I have to say I am not totally convinced that I have correctly identified the reset pin on the F11 because there seems to be a lot of logic behind it. This particular path I am pursuing now seems a bit more promising though. I have not checked the DC OK pin yet as I wasn't sure which one it was and I was hoping my tracing would take me back to the PSU, but I haven't reached it yet. I suppose I have been assuming that the LED means it is OK, but perhaps it isn't. Hopefully this 8640 will take me closer. When you say it is pin 1 on the connector, which side are you counting from?

Thanks

Rob