does a reverse-engineering EDA tool exist?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Wed Oct 24 16:25:47 CDT 2018

To draw out the schematics for the Displaywriter I have a bunch of boards to trace out,
and I don't want to do the usual "scribble on yellow pad"
to do it. Has someone written a graphical tool for doing this?

What I would like to find is a tool that puts up a bunch of footprints with internal IC functions
shown, then a way to rapidly enter the buzzed out interconnections, generating a netlist.

This is exactly backwards workflow from normal schematic entry and pcb layout.

I suspect I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and write it..