Identify old PC

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Oct 18 23:56:33 CDT 2018

On 10/18/2018 7:42 PM, Derek Newland via cctalk wrote:
> Looks like an IMSAI PCS?
>
> Here's a good picture of one:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/retrobattlestations/comments/71e4dy/imsai_pcs_8030_s100_computer_with_ikb1_war_games/
>
> Some more info here: http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=342
>
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 10:11 PM John Foust via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Pardon the post of content from elsewhere, but this one had me puzzled,
>> perhaps because I'd been puzzled earlier the same day by a IMSAI advert
>> (http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/computers-and-software-ads-1980s/19)
>> that showed something other than an IMSAI 8080.
>>
>> Does anyone recognize this old computer (from Reddit)?
>>

>> https://www.reddit.com/r/vintagecomputing/comments/9pc7sx/help_identifying_this_old_pc/
>>
>> - John
The reddit photo shows a unit with sloped sides.  Similar to the older
Altos systems, before they went with fancy moldings.

The sides are not square like any Imsai I saw, and there is a monitor on
top, which is also in a slope case.  I don't recognize it, but as I said
the Altos look like one of the 58x (I think) looks similar.

thanks.
Jim