Working with Old Tapes

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Oct 18 01:42:53 CDT 2018

On 10/17/2018 11:05 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> Bake the tapes first, preferably with
> a lot of moving air before attempting to "clean" a tape.
I looked to see if someone suggested a temperature / time, didn't see
it.  Can you suggest what would work.

Also, I've got some friends following on an audio group who are
attempting to restore and transcribe tapes, wondering if there might be
anything you can recommend, given that media is thinner, and the data is
analog, not digital in nature.

If too far off topic on the latter, still wondering on the baking
process experiences and recommendations.

thanks
Jim