TK50, was: Re: Ultrix Tape: Block Size?

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at hamartun.priv.no
Wed Oct 17 07:57:38 CDT 2018

emanuel stiebler <emu at e-bbes.com> writes:

> TK50 on QBUS with an TQK50 controller which really didn't stream to often
> TK50 on QBUS with an TQK70 controller, which doubled the memory of the
>   TQK50, which was capable of streaming ...

Now *that* I wasn't aware of!  Thanks!

I'll have to open up my PDP-11/83 tonight.  Its TK50 will stream while
writing, as long as what's being written can be read reasonably fast
from (RQDX3/RD54) disk.  The TQK controller is sitting right up at the
top end of the Q-bus, to get high priority -- but I don't know if it's a
TQK70.  I've really just assumed it's a TQK50 without thinking too much
about it...

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay