Modifying microcode

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed May 30 08:51:25 CDT 2018

    > From: Kyle Owen

    > I do have an 11/45, though... so with this modification, I suppose one
    > could have some fun:

That's for the -11/40 - very different machine, one couldn't use the same
technique on the /45; the /40 is prepared to accept additional ucode on
additional CPU boards, that's how the EIA works:

  http://gunkies.org/wiki/KE11-E_Extended_Instruction_Set

And it's custom boards, the design for which is no longer extant (pity, as
I'd love to play with one myself).

Finally, I have this vague memory that they had to put a few minor mods on
some of the existing CPU boards (details also lost), although my memory may
be misleading me on that.

	Noel