Logic Analyzer software for the HP-IB/RS-232 bus pre-processor HP 10342B

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:09:48 CDT 2018

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Marc Verdiell <marc.verdiell at gmail.com> wrote:
> This has probably been asked before, but does anyone have the software
> package that came with the HP-IB/RS232 HP10342 bus pre-processor for the
> HP1650 series Logic Analyzer (actually I have a 1670G)? It should have a
> config file and an inverse assembler file. I'm interested in the HP-IB
> files. Can't find it anywhere.
> - Marc

Reviving a 3 year old thread...

For anyone that does any work with old HP logic analyzer inverse
assembler files, it turns out that it is possible to decode the 68000
based logic analyzer IAL style IA binary files back into equivalent
source code that can be assembled again with the 10391B ASM.EXE
assembler. (No idea yet about the 6809 based 1630 series logic
analyzers. Those use a different binary format).

Decoded Inverse Assembler .S source code files for the 10342B HPIB,
RS-232, RS-449 interface posted here:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hp-logic-analyzer-inverse-assemblers/msg1568359/#msg1568359