micro pdp11/83 power supply

Waldemar Brodkorb mail at waldemar-brodkorb.de
Sun May 13 00:51:53 CDT 2018

Hi,

I started to revive an old Micro PDP11/83 I have for over 12 years
now. It is fully assembled and last time I tried to start the
machine it some kind of started.
My biggest issue at the moment is the power supply.

After the machine is running for a while, let's say 10 minutes and
then when I poweroff, the power supply starts producing a lot of
dense smoke. The smell is very penetrant.

What can I do with the power supply? Do I need to exchange it
completely or just parts of it?

At the moment I removed it from the case like described here:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/microPDP11/EK-MIC11-TM-002_MicroPDP11_Systems_Technical_Manual_Sep85.pdf

Thanks in advance for any starting hints,
 Waldemar