Restoring rubber keyboard on a logic analyzer

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed May 2 13:02:27 CDT 2018

> On Apr 29, 2018, at 11:44 PM, Tony Duell via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> It's not cheap (and IIRC you have to use the whole lot in one go), but
> Chemtronics make a kit to repair such keypads. Possibly worth it for
> a useful instrument though.
>
> In the UK you can get it here :
>
> https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/conductive-adhesives/3888673/
>
> and I guess it's also available across the Pond.
>
> -tony

It is, and for less money.  The various electronic and industrial supply outlets carry it, for example Newark, Digikey, and MSC Direct.  Digikey sells it for $23, that's significantly better than 23 pounds...

The Aquadag approach looks interesting, but that may not be as reliable.  That seems to be a conductive coating intended for rigid objects like CRTs, as opposed to a substance intended to repair rubber keypads.

So if my graphite cure doesn't last, it sounds like the Chemtronics products is the next answer.

Thanks!

	paul