SGI Indy power supply: identify this diode?

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Mon Mar 26 11:07:41 CDT 2018

On 26/03/2018 16:08, Camiel Vanderhoeven wrote:
> 4B would be a 2.2V zener; 4A would be a 2.0V zener, so that’s odd indeed...

That's the idea I had...

Except it's not a zener, or at least not anything like those.  I took
one out of another (working) supply, and I can tell it has a forward
voltage of 0.2V, so it's presumably a Schottky diode of some sort.  I
can also tell it's not a low-voltage zener; the reverse breakdown
voltage is more than 35V (the highest my bench supply goes up to).

I'm hoping I don't have to breadboard a 1kV supply and find a lot of
multi-megohm resistors to try and estimate the breakdown voltage - and
then guess at the forward current rating.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull