Shipping a Flexowriter

Michael Zahorik m.zahorik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 23 17:37:46 CDT 2018

Kyle, my Friden is a Model SFD-V, although yours looks similar, apparently it is different. You will find that a lot of the old lube has combined with dust and dirt to make gummy grime. This sticky stuff will cause the relays and lever arms to stick and act sluggishly. I have found that a strip of paper pinched between the relay armature and pole piece then pulled out while pinching will remove a lot of it. So clean and oil, clean and oil. I have found a bunch of stuff on bitsavers and also had some help from the guys on GreenKeys. Good luck. Let me know if I can help.
 Mike Zahorik (414) 254-6768