AlphaServers

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 10:38:53 CDT 2018

Anyone out there do Alphas anymore?

I have a running;

1000A 4/266 with 384MB Ram an full compliment of Storage Works disks
(has redundant power supplies and a nice roll around cabinet)

3000-300 booting from a SCSI2SD disk, (this is nice since it is kind of
light and can be picked up and moved easily)

3000-400 booting from a SCSI2SD disk.  (this thing is quite heavy, built
with heavy think metal to support a equally heavy monitor placed on top)

All running hobbyist OpenVMS 8.4, an one VRC16 DEC color monitor.

The only part that failed was in the 3000-400, the I/O module (runs
network, serial, SCSI, video, etc) was faulty and kept the power supply
from starting up.

These 64 bit machines are an interesting compliment to the 32 bit VAXes
I have, 4000/400, 3100/M76, MVII, 40000VLC and the 16 bit PDP-11's.

Doug