AlphaServers

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 07:40:22 CDT 2018

An interesting discussion, especially considering the stuff usually
spoken in comp.os.vms regardiong the viability of X86 boxes.
I have had 3 Alphas.  Two of the office refrigerator sized boxes
and one of the PC Tower sized boxes.  All three have died.  In
the meantime I have X86 based boxes that are much older and
continue to serve me well.  While I thought the Alpha was an
excellent architectural design the market has made it somewhat
irrelevant.

Of course, when t comes to VMS I still run a VAX.  :-)

bill