GRI 771 Keyboard Info

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:13:53 CDT 2018

What kind of parts does it have? If it is all ttl, you only need to connect 5 volts and ground. There will be a strobe, 7 or 8 bits of data and possible wires for repeat ( usually these go directly to the keyboards repeat switch, without logic.

Older keyboards required a negative rail. This was usually for a ROM or EPROM.

With ttl parts, finding power and ground is easy. A little checking with a scope and ascii table will quickly find the rest.

Many keyboards had stable data for both positive and negative edges of the strobe so that may not be an issue.

Dwight