Sperry Univac UTS-40 Terminal doc anyone?

CuriousMarc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 01:25:04 CST 2018

I am the temporary caretaker of a Sperry UTS-40 "intelligent" terminal (very
green screen, Z-80 based terminal from the late 70's or early 80's) which I
grabbed on eBait for sending parts to Dominique Carlier over in Belgium. The
CRT, power supply and character generator seem to work (gives a very sharp
semi-random geometric display on power-on, sometimes with a few nicely drawn
characters interspersed), but the darn thing does not seem to boot on reset.
The picture goes away and weird sound is emitted from the speaker after a
long beep-of-death. I was wondering if anyone had service documentation. Or
a dump of the firmware. Al, anything that crossed your desk?

Marc