Thicknet/10base5 Test Segment: The Cable is In!

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Jun 27 21:34:38 CDT 2018

On 06/27/2018 04:19 PM, Antonio Carlini via cctalk wrote:

> No idea. But on thickwire the taps were all supposed to be made at
> specifically marked positions (for the reason given earlier).
> Perhaps someone (incorrectly) thought that the terminator should also be
> at such a position and so a terminator could not be located at a tap?

It had occurred to me to wonder if some poor tech had measured out, say,
151 meters of cable where 152.5 was called for by the "exactly every
2.5M spec).  It would seem that any attempt to add an extra 1.5 was
believed to be called for in order to install a terminator would have
resulted in a "cure" worse than simple adding the terminator at the end
of the cable.

--Chuck