Thicknet/10base5 Test Segment: The Cable is In!

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jun 26 20:56:15 CDT 2018

On 06/26/2018 05:02 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

> There clearly is confusion about what terminators are and how they
> work.  It's all perfectly straightforward elementary classic E & M,
> and any halfway decent RF theory textbook will make things clear.
> Even a source as elementary as the ARRL Radio Amateur Handbook will
> serve.

Thanks, that's what I thought--a purely resistive (well nearly so)
terminator that matches the characteristic impedance of the transmission
line shouldn't matter at all where it's located, assuming that the line
itself is matched to the source.

So where did the "leave extra line before the terminator"  came from?

--Chuck