DECServer 200/DL board?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Jun 18 12:03:46 CDT 2018

I wonder if that's a DECserver-100 board.  I remember seeing a box (I thought it was a prototype but I may be confused) with a fairly small PCB inside a much larger rackmount-sized enclosure, with 8 separate wire bundles going from connectors on the board to the MMJ jacks on the front panel.

The history supposedly was that the original design used a box the size of the board, with those connectors either exposed on the front or brought out to standard front panel connectors.  Ken Olsen decreed that the connectors weren't acceptable and introduced MMJ, requiring the box to be redone but the PCB was kept.  Or so I was told anyway.

	paul