VAX 4000 PSU (H7874) Schematics

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 14:49:22 CDT 2018

I am trying to repair a VAX 4000 power supply. Does anyone have the
schematics? I can't find anything on BitSavers and I'm not completely
convinced it was even designed by DEC.

The VAX turns on and the status LED stays on F. The DC lamp does not
illuminate on the PSU. 5V rail appears fine but there is nothing from
the 12V rail. There were some *very* dodgy looking caps which I have
replaced, and some *very* exploded MOSFETs, which I have also
replaced.

If anyone has schematics, or know where I might find them, it would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron.