WRQ Reflection 4+ DOS

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 12:49:12 CDT 2018

OK  we   can also use the   DEC  emulator  also   as  we  have a  H 11  we  need to terminalize  as  well as   an  11/20   we  want to breahe  live into here  at the museum......     PLUS  if  anyone  has a  copy  for  the HP  we  can  use that  also..

WRQ was a  great  product We were a  dealer  for them back in the  80's  And  Duh  I  forgot there was a  DEC  version  also.   ( seldom sold  it as we mainly addressed the  HP  market. Always a  great  dales  day  when  one of  our  people that had a series 68  3000  would  bump  terminals   for use of  PCs  and   need a bunch  of  copes of  Reflections for the PCs  to be terminals to the  3000 also!

Thanks  Liam for the  update  on ownership  glad  to hear   Reflection  still exists!

thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC...

coury house/smecc
attn Ed Sharpe archivist
5802 w palmaire ave
Glendale, AZ 85301

In a message dated 6/5/2018 6:19:39 AM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at classiccmp.org writes:

 On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 at 14:08, Bill Degnan via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

 All these
> programs worked the same IMHO most all had DEC terminal emulation

DEC terminal emulation wasn't the problem for me and my employers,
back at the end of the 1980s and beginning of the 1990s. It was Wyse
terminal emulation. Wyse totally dominated the dumb serial terminal
market in my part of the world by then, and OSes like SCO Xenix
expected Wyse terminals and their quirks. An emulator for the DEC
terminal the Wyse claimed to emulate would not work well.

For us that was the appeal of stuff like JRiver ICE.TEN and WRQ
Reflection -- perfect Wyse emulation.

Oddly enough Reflection is still around. WRQ was bought by Attachmate,
who bought Novell, and who were bought by Micro Focus -- so for whom I
now work.