Printerworks?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Jul 24 13:11:29 CDT 2018

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018, Ali wrote:
> I can verify that I cannot access printerworks either. I checked and I had
> made PDFs of printer specific pages for printers that I own or were
> interested in (e.g. LG IIID, 4si, 2100, 5500, etc.) This has the info for
> the parts, toner, specs, etc. I do not have the engine specific pages. Nor
> do I have the page which talks about painting old FedEx printers (I had
> accessed it before but it is not in my cache either).

https://web.archive.org/web/20180102194732/http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/CX-Catalog/CX-Fed-Ex.html

The "wayback machine"/archive.org provides at least a temporary recovery:
https://web.archive.org/web/20171209065451/http://www.printerworks.com:80/Catalogs/LaserJets.html

BUT!
If Printerworks HAS gone under, that does not make it "abandonware".
At one time, Printerworks SOLD dead-tree copies, so it is legaally
established both as copyrighted, and as having monetry value.
There may be creditors who now own the "intellectual property", who might
think that they can make back some of their debts.  In which case, they
may insist that archive.org remove those pages (YES, they can do that!).
So, if somebody has a convenient way to archive a copy, . . .

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com