DEC FPJ11-AA

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Mon Jul 2 07:34:13 CDT 2018

On 02/07/2018 03:38, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
>      > From: Bill Gunshannon
>
>      > Anybody have any PMI memory modules they might let go for less than my
>      > first born male child?
>
> The DEC PMI memories are the MSV11-J and (I think) the MSV11-R. The latter is
> rare, but the -J's can be found.

Correct, but bear in mind that there are 4 versions of the MSV11-J; the
-JB and -JC versions have different ASICs and don't support QBus CPUs.
Specifically, they don't support block-mode transfers and don't work
properly even as PMI memory except in an 11/84, while the -JE and JD
versions support everything.  Bill would want the -JD (2MB) version (the
-JE version is 4MB so too big).

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull