Apollo Software

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jan 23 09:24:31 CST 2018

    > From: Daniel Seagraves

    > The Saturn software, which is what actually flew from Earth to the
    > moon, was lost.

You mean the Instrumentation Unit on top of the S-IVB stage? That was
discarded when the S-IVB and CSM separated shortly after leaving Earth orbit
(about 6 hours after launch), so I'm not sure it's accurate to say it's "what
actually flew from Earth to the moon". Yes, it put the CSM on the injection
orbit, but...

A very cool computer (the first one to have all its critical components
triplicated for reliabilty, I gather), and yes, it would be nice to have its
software too.

	Noel