Televideo 970

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 06:58:19 CST 2018

Hi All,

I got a lovely Televideo 970 terminal from another list-member over the
weekend. Aside from some PSU capacitor issues, it needs a little TLC:

1) The EMI filter had gone open-circuit - it's one of those metal can types
which is integrated with the IEC power input connector. Are these still
obtainable anywhere? It seems like equipment these days just has the
filtering directly on the PSU board, rather than as a separate module. I've
just bypassed it for testing, but I don't want to leave it like that.

2) I have a faulty back-tab, left shift and return key (return's simply
unresponsive, while the other two stick down). Do the keycaps on these
terminals simply pull off, or is there some trick to removal? I did some
experimental prying, but didn't want to try too hard and risk snapping the
switch stem.

I don't know if switches are still available, but worst-case I can swap the
faulty ones with ones for some of the 'special' keys that I'm extremely
unlikely to ever use.

cheers

Jules