Adaptec 1522A SCSI Support (was re: New TestFDC Results Registry)

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Thu Jan 18 20:33:23 CST 2018

		For that card, no drivers are needed for the hard drives. The on-board ROM is an Int13 wedge.
Regarding using any other devices like a ZIP drive, CD or a floptical, not sure if those need drivers. ZIP definitely needed a DOS driver. The CD did as well (In both config.sys and autoexec) but the ROM may have CDROM extensions already to enable booting from CD. Never tried it with that card though.

		Get Outlook for iOS

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 9:27 PM -0500, "Jason T via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 7:55 PM, Richard Cini  wrote:
> I use this card as a floppy/disk controller in a PC/AT that's used solely for imaging. The controller is connected to two Seagate ST-2502N (442MB) hard drives running MS-DOS 6.22. Works like a champ. Cables are readily available on eBay but since they're regular 50-pin IDC connectors, you can DIY if needed -- connectors are readily available.

Do you have (and can you post) the MS-DOS drivers for that card?  I
also run one in my floppy imager machine, which dual-boots btw. MS-DOS
and some later Linux.  Having SCSI for at least one of the OSes would
be nice.

I could also switch the other partition over to FreeBSD, as Warner L suggested.