New TestFDC Results Registry

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jan 18 16:32:13 CST 2018

On 01/18/2018 01:57 PM, william degnan wrote:
> Please, call me Bill :-)
> I have a system with a Catweasel and a connection to the motherboard,  I
> am unsure how I have it set up as it has been many years since I opened
> the box.    I have to see what I am doing in there.  It's a dual-boot
> system that goes into either Win 2000 or DOS 6.22, but I forget how the
> catweasel is hooked up and wither I use it with image disk or not.

Okay, so who was it on this list wanted to be called Will?   At any
rate, Bill,  I'll file that away for future reference.

I really doubt that IMD will do anything with the CW MK4.

Another rule of thumb is that if a motherboard is post-P4 and lacks a
parallel port, it's unlikely that it'll give any useful results with
TESTFDC.   I think the floppy facility was included mostly for
high-density *read* compatibility.

I've had some decent results with P4 and Socket 939 motherboards but
after that, not so much.  I don't know if that's a bright-line rule, but
it seems to hold with my gear.

--Chuck