Google, Wikipedia directly on ASCII terminal?

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 16 15:19:38 CST 2018

On 01/16/2018 02:07 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
> Which of course also goes out if the power fails, perhaps not as quickly
> as a poorly constructed POTS system but it will.  Various emergency
> sitatuations (hurricanes etc.) have demonstrated this repeatedly.

That surprises me.  In Missouri, analog (a.k.a. B1) phone lines are
considered "life saving devices" and have (had?) mandates to be
available for service even when the power is out.

This is one of the reasons that TelCo equipment had such massive battery
backups.

I expect that a true analog (B1) phone line should stay in service even
without power.

I've also seen a number of VoIP offerings that include a battery backup
both in the ATA and various equipment along the aggregation path for
this very reason.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die