To the 2901 bit slicers out there

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Sun Jan 7 20:46:59 CST 2018

On 1/6/2018 4:01 PM, emanuel stiebler via cctalk wrote:
> On 2017-12-27 21:35, Randy Dawson via cctalk wrote:
>
>> What have you done, with microprogramming this part?  In your
>> architecture,  have you changed the microcode, create an instruction
>> to enhance your machine?
>> I would be interested in any hardware projects, stories (or even in
>> the FPGA, I hear its a popular thing to copy);
>
> I hope you saw this one. Fresh on opencores:
>
> https://opencores.org/project,am9080_cpu_based_on_microcoded_am29xx_bit-slices
>

> cheers

I don't expect many people will copy that. A FPGA 8080 runs darn fast as
is. Ben.
PS: I plan to have some sort of 20 or 24 cpu bit 2901 running in a DE1
FPGA this spring. 3 - 7 bit bytes (21/20 bit wide memory for the 20 bit
CPU) or 3 - 8 bit bytes with a 24 bit cpu. Might need to order more
Front panel switches how ever.