Boot RXS

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jan 2 08:38:38 CST 2018

    > From: John Welch

    >>> SAV -- SOFTWARE CONFIGURED FOR ENABLE HARDWARE WHICH DOES NOT RESPOND.

    > I can boot RSX from a different device (or RT-11, or unix maybe) and
    > then mount this RL02 pack and go exploring through its contents. Is
    > there a possibility that I may find what is missing that way?

Sorry, I'm confused by this? The message (above) seems to indicate there's
_hardware_ missing. How is looking through the disk contents going to help
with that?

Or is your point that you might be able to find a version of the system which
does not use that hardware? Perhaps; there's no way to know without looking.

     Noel